Monday, May 21, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


Because we are a small family with a toddler who randomly eats enough for a bird or an elephant, I generally plan five dinner menus that should feed four. If L eats like a bird, I have leftovers for lunch. If she eats like an elephant, well, there's always salad/sandwich/frozen something I can take instead.

I also found I do NOT do well with a very specific plan. I need the freedom to change what night we are having what dinner. Plus, we don't plan ahead very well for evening plans so I like to have some easy as well as more difficult meals at the ready. So, without further ado, here is what we plan to eat this week:

::One::
Grilled Chicken - Marinated in Balsamic Vinaigrette
Carrot Risotto using brown rice

::Two::
Ham and Green Onion Quiche (from Clean Eating June 2012) - add spinach
Salad

::Three::
Singapore Noodles (from Clean Eating June 2012)
Sesame Soy Cucumber - sliced and quartered cucumber that I add sauce from this to. Easy.

::Four::
Mexican Rice

::Five::
Jambalaya - Ok, this one is not real. A pack of Lipton Dirty Rice with half a cubed polish sausage and some bell pepper, onion, and celery thrown in. Once I run out of the Lipton sides, I'll be looking for a way to make this real.
Salad

So there you have it! I'll report back next week and let you know how closely we stick to it. And for more menu plans, check out Org Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment